Precautions and Protocols
Please see an outline of the measures we are taking to ensure your health and safety. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 403-251-1055.
Before You Arrive At Braeside Dental
- All individuals entering the office will complete a screening questionnaire and have their temperature taken to assess risk. Any patients exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, will not be admitted.
- All staff members will be screened daily for symptoms.
- All individuals entering the office will make mandatory use of hand sanitizer, which is located at the entrance in a dispenser. Hand washing is also a viable option to patients.
- All individuals will wear a facemask in common areas.
- As an extra precaution, we will be asking patients to wait in their cars until informed by telephone that we are ready to receive them.
- We will stagger patient treatment times in a manner that minimizes social contact between individuals.
- We will reduce the number of appointments during the day to minimize social contact.
- All staff members in operatories will be wearing combination of a mask, goggles, face shield, knee length gown, and surgical cap (PPE).
- All surfaces in the operatory room will be wiped with disinfectant and given adequate time to set. With additional cleaner, each surface will be wiped again, isolation wraps will be disposed, and new isolation wraps will be arranged.
- Every operatory where patient treatment is being delivered will have its’ air cleaned by both our HVAC system and Surgically Clean Air system. The surgically clean air system uses multiple filtrations and UV light to clean 99-99.99% of any particles, including viruses/droplets, within 3 to 5 minutes.
- Equipment sterilization will continue to be done rigorously and carefully.
Please brush your teeth at home prior to your appointment.
While Receiving Your Dental Treatment
- To reduce aerosols, we will be using rubber dams and high volume suctions (as two examples).
- We will be using an antiviral rinse prior to treatment start to reduce the viral load.
- While you are receiving treatment, the HVAC and Surgically Clean Air systems will continuously clean 99-99.99% of particles in the air within 3 to 5 minutes.
- We will continue to practice the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) standards that exist in Alberta.
- All operating staff members will continue to dress with the highest level of PPE.
Exiting Braeside Dental Centre
- Patients will continue to wear masks as they exit.
- Patients will either hand-sanitize or wash their hands upon exit.
- We will streamline patient exits to minimize social contact.
Please remember that this is an unprecedented situation. We will do our absolute best to adapt when new information becomes available.